Open a world of opportunities.
Bandalier spreads a wide net across the country in our search for smart and highly motivated candidates. We’re always looking for people with the potential to grow with careers in inside sales and customer success.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Bandalier is a 100% remote, ~30 person team of thoughtful individuals who value kaizen (continuous improvement) and seeing careers take off.
Our belief is that regardless of where you are located, how much experience you have, or how valuable your personal network is, if you have the right attitude and aptitudes, you should have access to a great career.
Since 2017, we’ve been connecting untapped talent throughout the country to lucrative opportunities with some of the fastest growing companies in the country. 6 years later we are now in the business of hiring, training, and deploying untapped talent so customer-facing teams can grow faster, with less risk.
What we do
We are in the business of people. Our expertise is finding undiscovered entry level gems, equipping them with a best in class training program and working with them to ramp up to speed faster.
Clients come to us when they are looking to scale up customer facing teams quickly and de-risk the normal hiring process by working with a partner that specializes in delivering high quality talent.
Business Development Associate Role
As a Business Development Associate, you will be matched to one of our client accounts, typically with a growing tech company, where you will conduct outreach on behalf of that client. You will perform a mixture of outbound calls, emails, and social touches to warm and cold leads with goals that could range from setting a meeting to signing prospects up for free accounts to getting a signed contract.
Before being matched with an account, you will go through a two week paid training program to learn the fundamentals of sales while we learn about your strengths, weaknesses, and career goals to match them up with the account that we think best fits your skill set.
Throughout your time at Bandalier, you’ll have a range of development opportunities at your disposal that allows you to continue to uplevel your skills. Examples of these include daily check-ins with your manager, weekly one on one call coaching, company-wide workshops, and access to additional BandalierU courses.
After your initial deployment, high-performing team members have a range of advancement opportunities available to them within their first 6-12 months at Bandalier. Advancement opportunities could be anything from getting hired directly by your client to pursuing a lucrative exit opportunity with one of the other tech clients in our network, or moving into management at Bandalier (100% of our new hires are managed by team members who also started in an entry level position at Bandalier).
This is a fully remote position so you can work from home but you won’t feel alone. Everyday is spent collaborating with your manager, client, and/or fellow team members through Slack, Zoom, and G-suite.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator
- You have a working understanding of basic technology like G-Suite, Zoom, etc. and can learn new systems with some training (ex: Slack, HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.)
- You want training in selling techniques and a structured work environment
- You want to be exposed to technology companies and experience startup culture
- You don’t need to have any prior sales experience, though we find that people with experience in retail, hospitality, customer service, door-to-door sales, canvassing, or phone banking do particularly well
- Make outbound calls, send emails + LinkedIn messages to prospects in your clients ICP
- Use a consultative approach to uncover needs, qualify prospects and set next steps in the sales process
- Build a strong relationship with your client
- Work in a team setting with lots of professional development opportunities
- Help fast growing companies with sales development and prospecting
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary: $30,000 base (35k OTE after commission)
- 14 days of PTO
- 13 paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Equipment provided (laptop, headset)
- Pivot career paths and break into the tech industry
- Receive best in class training
- Advancement opportunities within 6-12 months
- 100% remote work environment
- Supportive culture (4.4 rating on Glassdoor)
Career progression examples for alumni/team members who started in this role in the past year:
- Angelea, hired on by Daybreak as a Business Development Representative 4 months after joining Bandalier
- DiAnita, promoted to Junior Program Manager 5 months after joining Bandalier
- Chris, hired on by Nivoda as an Account Executive 8 months after joining Bandalier
- Destiny, hired on by Heal as a Growth Engagement Specialist 10 months after joining Bandalier
- Kayla, hired on by Zipline as a Business Consultant 4 months after joining Bandalier
SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
As a new hire, you’ll attend Bandalier University, a best-in-class training academy that teaches the skills you’ll need to succeed in a career in sales or customer service. No matter your level of experience, this intensive, paid two-week program helps you build a skillset that will enable you to become a productive member of your new inside sales or customer service team.
- Inside Sales 101 – Two-week program that provides a high-level overview of SaaS sales
- Inside Sales 201 – One-week overview of down-funnel sales
- Leadership 101 – Introduction to leadership principles and tactics
- Customer Management 101 – Coming soon! Covers proactive management of current and prospective customers
GET INSPIRED BY BANDALIER UNIVERSITY SUCCESS STORIES
The mission of Bandalier University is to build bright futures. We’re proud of the many stories of team members who began building great careers with us.
JUMP-START YOUR CAREER WITH BANDALIER
Open a world of opportunities.
Go from entry-level to experienced.
No experience in sales? No problem. Our recruiting process focuses on characteristics like coachability, strong communication skills, and resilience.
Enjoy ongoing support that drives continuous improvement.
At Bandalier, our Kaizen value system is at the core of everything we do. It’s a philosophy focused on taking small steps to improve every day.
Get introduced to world-changing tech start-ups.
We work with some of the world’s most innovative companies, pioneering new products in FinTech, MedTech, and other industries. If there’s a good mutual fit with one of our clients, you’ll have the opportunity to be hired by them directly.
Get paid while you learn.
Before you get to work, you’ll participate in Bandalier’s in-depth training. It’s a program designed to set you up for success with your new company. Even better, you’ll be paid while you’re building a valuable skillset.